Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Book Review: The Final Piece by Maggi Myers

The Final Piece by Maggi Myers


313 pages 
Published November 13th 2012
To purchase this book click HERE
My Rating: 5 Stars

My Review:

This has to be one of the most remarkable books that I have read. This story is filled with loss, child abuse and love. Make sure when you are ready to read it you have the tissues handy. The story is about a girl named Beth, she has endured years of abuse at such a young age. As she gets older she begins to pick up the pieces. The Final Piece is so brilliantly written! Its is raw and "ugly" at times but yet so beautiful. Please take the time to read this amazing story! I thought I knew what was going to happen but this book pleasantly surprised me.


Goodreads.com Description:

Life shouldn’t be about picking up the pieces.

Beth Bradshaw has spent her life hiding from her tragic past. From the moment a trusted family friend steals her innocence until the moment another rescues her, she struggles to just survive.

Surrounded by the comfort and protection of her extended family, Beth embarks on a journey of healing far from the horrors of her home. In her darkest moments, she meets a boy named Ryan. For one incredible summer, Ryan shows Beth what it’s like to act her own age.

To feel free and let go.
If only for a while.

Years later, another tragedy threatens to shatter the life Beth has carefully crafted. When faced, yet again, with more pieces to pick up, Beth begins to question what her choices have cost her.
Leaving her old life behind, she sets forth on a pilgrimage that will bring her back to the boy she could never forget. He wants to help her pick up the pieces of her life, but is she willing to do what it takes to become whole again?

Can she trust him with a piece of herself?



My favorite quotes:

“We are all broken in one way or another. It's how we put those pieces back together that matters".”

“Hell bent and beautiful, you're my heart.”

“I spent so much energy on cutting and pasting together the person I wanted to be that I forgot who I was.” 

“I mourn the piece of myself that I gave away and will never get back”

“Life is full of lessons we either learn from or get bitter over.” 

“Tommy cocooned me in his arms. The same arms that struck out to protect me, the arms that saved me. “In my life, I have never known, nor will I ever know, someone as strong and courageous as you, Elizabeth Irene Bradshaw,” Tommy whispers against my temple. I have no words, so I nod my head against his chest, hoping he understands my acceptance of his praise. “You honour me with your trust, baby girl. I am so very proud of you.”  






6 comments:

  1. I love finding new books to read, will check this one out.
    New follower btw
    http://ramblingmomma03.blogspot.ca/2013/08/weekend-recap_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote that tells us to learn from our lessons rather than get bitter over them. So very true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very sweet this story sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have many books that I love, mostly series books but this stand alone book is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for telling us about this book, it sounds like a great read, and with lots of pretty quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like my kind of book. I love books where good triumps over evil. I try to make my life that way since I too had such a rough start.

    ReplyDelete