Friday, October 18, 2013

Featured Author Friday featuring Kelly Elliott

Let me start by saying that I was hooked just after the first few pages. The characters became my friends, I laughed, cried and yelled when they did. This story sucked me in, it was so beyond well written that I felt like I was right along side of them. How could you pass up a book that has love, loss, suspense, drama and not to forget sexy passionate men!!! If this book ever becomes a movie, we are in for a killer soundtrack!!
Kelly, you are a doll! Thank you so much for letting me interview you, and I cannot wait to work with you again!!

Can you describe the Wanted Series in 20 words?

A story of true love overcoming anything. Oh wow…six words…you’d think for the author I’d have something better than that but that’s what I think of when I think of Wanted. 

How did you come up with the concept for Wanted which was the start of the series?
Listening to the song Wanted by Hunter Hayes. The story just kind of popped in my head. 

Did you think that this series would be so popular after Wanted?
No…never in my wildest dreams did I think it would take off like it has. I’m very thankful and blessed. 

Describe a typical day when you are writing. Do you have any pre-writing rituals?
I do! I listen to a certain song first…then I usually have a diet coke, sweet tea or a water sitting right next to me before I can write. I try to write when my daughter is in school but I find myself wanting to write all day long

Do you have any plans for a book signing event?
I do. I have a number of signings coming up. Only one left for this year. The Indie Mashup in Springdale Arkansas. All the signings I’m signed up for are listed on my blog www.authorkellyelliott.blogspot.com

Any plans for another project?
Yes! I’m planning a prequel to the Wanted series which will be grams and gramps story. I have a new series coming out with the first book, Broken due out in November. Then a few more ideas up my sleeve.

What came first, the characters or the concept for the story?
The concept 

If Wanted became a movie, who would your dream cast be? 
Gunner – Gary Taylor 
Ellie – Jessica Stroup
Jeff – Jessie Pavelka
Ari – Ashley Greene
Josh - Maxwell Zagorski
Heather – Julianne Hough

Do you ever read the reviews about your books? If so, do you pay attention to any negative reviews or let them influence your writing?
I try not to read the reviews to often but I do have someone I trust who reads them for me and forwards the ones that have constructive criticism as well as some good ones. Those I do pay attention to but the down right hateful ones…no…I don’t pay any attention to those.



Do you have a favorite author? 
Ohh I have a few of them Jennifer Probst, Frank Peretti, R.L. Mathewson, Molly McAdams…the list goes on!

What are your favorite top 3 books that you would recommend?
Wow…that is a hard one….
1.  Pride and Prejudice (cause it’s my favorite)
2.  The Marriage Bargain (cause it’s the first book that made me really swoon)
3.  Any Neighbor From Hell book (Cause I laugh my ass off when I read them)

What book, if any, are you reading now?
Let’s see…I’m in the middle of Stealing Harper and after that I want to start Emerge

Do you prefer to read traditional books or e-books?
I love the feel of a real book in my hands but I love e-readers…I love being able to get the book that second and the fact it remembers where I left off

Out of the books that you have read, which character couple would you like to invite over for dinner and why?
Fitzwilliam and Elizabeth Darcy …I’m a huge history buff and since it’s my favorite book it seems like the best choice. 

If you could work with any author, who would it be?
Jane Austen, but since she died in 1817 that won’t happen. I’m not sure. I’d be honored honestly to work with any number of talented authors out there today. 

What inspired you to start writing?
I’ve always wanted to write. Since I was in high school. I guess I just needed that one moment of courage to sit down and start typing.


Do you have any advice for aspiring authors?
Write for you and no one else. It’s your story to tell so tell it how you see it in your mind. Take your time with the story and just let it come naturally. 

What are you top 5 most important things in your life?
1. God
2. My husband
3. My daughter
4. My family
5. My friends

Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
Yep. I have two tattoos, one is of a cross with a heart in the middle with the verse “My strength come from the Lord” Psalm 121
The other is the word Wanted with an infinity symbol, a daisy, an angle wing and I’m about to add the fourth symbol for the fourth book, Cherished.

What do you do for fun, besides writing?
I love to go hiking, spend time with my husband and daughter and re-arrange the kitchen just throw the husband and spawn off every now and then. 


Do you have any vices?
LOL! I’m sure I have a few but one is I take my shoes off right in the middle of a door way…drives my husband nuts. 

What was the last thing you googled?
Oh I don’t think you want to know…it was for a book I’m writing. Let’s just say if my computer ever gets confiscated somebody better let them know I’m an author

If you could describe yourself in 5 words what would they be?
Someone who cares about others

What is your biggest pet peeve?
Slow drivers

Where was the last place someone spotted you and asked for an autograph?
In Las Vegas at the Hard Rock Hotel…that was kind of neat I’m not gonna lie

Thank you so much for the interview! Is there anything else you would like your readers to know?
Just how much I love them and that none of this would be possible without their support. I’m truly blessed with the most wonderful readers.

 


Social Media Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment