Friday, September 20, 2013

Featured Author Friday featuring Marene Webb

I had the opportunity to Beta Read this book. I was instantly intrigued, and I could not put it down! This story was so raw and gritty and heart-wrenching. My emotions were all over the board. There were times that I was actually yelling at the book, and a few pages later I was in tears. I was so pleased that Marene agreed to let me interview her. I cannot wait to work with her again. 



Author Bio from Goodreads.com:
Marene Chandler Webb was born in Georgia, raised in South Carolina,Tennessee, and Alabama. Marene has spent the majority of her life in the deep South. She is the youngest of two daughters to parents unafraid to travel and explore.

Marene was first published in high school, but shied away from the attention she received opting instead to put away her passion for writing to raise a family in Tennessee.

After suffering a life altering event, Marene began writing once more, calling the experience “healing.” After much interest and encouragement, Marene began her publications under the pen name M. C. Webb.

Let's get to know Marene....

Can you describe Fade to Black in 20 words?
brutal, honest, raw, emotional, enlightening, heartwarming, gripping, guttural, grievous, provocative, affections, unappalled, gallant, sincere, openhearted, honest,pragmatic, authentic, revealing, esthetic.

How did you come up with the idea of Fade to Black?
There are pieces of the concept that have lived with me for years. I just decided not long ago to give them voices and a journey. Black is an emotion, a loss, being lost, burden, carried into darkness not always by choice and it doesn’t always have to remain black if only we could fight our way out.

Without giving away any spoilers, for those who have not read Fade to Black, what was your favorite scene to write?
Anything to do with Nana. All of her is based on my own mother.

Describe a typical day when you are writing. Do you have any pre-writing rituals?
Hot tea and ear plugs. I can’t write without both.

Do you have any plans for a book signing event?
A private signing was held in my honor recently. I enjoyed more than I can say. I plan to do more and hopefully often!

For those who have not yet read Black As Night, can you give us an idea of what to expect?
The old and new relationships are pushed to a point of rupture. Both human strengths and weaknesses live in the second book.

Will there be a third installment or will the second book end the story?
There is a third book in the works, but I can’t promise all will see a happy ending.

Are you currently working on your next book project? Can you tell us a bit about it?
An idea has surfaced but has not yet taken root. Stay tuned...

What came first, the characters or the concept for the story?
Ryan came first. Without giving anything away I can say that chapter thirty-six was the first words I wrote in this story. I knew where he was and how he got there I just had to go back and write it.

If Fade To Black became a movie, who would your dream cast be?
Oh my that’s a tough one!
Naomi Watts or Cate Blanchett as Piper. Maybe Matt Bomer or Luke Grimes as Ryan. I always pictured Josh as a Chris Hemsworth.

Do you ever read the reviews about your books? If so, do you pay attention to any negative reviews or let them influence your writing?
I have to. I want to grow as an author so it’s all about learning from everything.

Do you have a favorite author?
J.K. Rowling is my favorite, but I am currently obsessed with the series “A song of Fire and Ice” by George RR Martin. I’ve never been a huge fan of fantasy but this series is incredible and beautifully written.

What are your favorite top 3 books that you would recommend?
The Di Vinci Code by Dan Brown. Even if it is touchy in areas it is the most thought provoking book I’ve ever read.
The Outsiders by S.E Hinton
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

Do you prefer to read traditional books or e-books?
I am happy with either. I still dog ear my physical books and I love that, but I enjoy throwing my kindle in my purse and having it available anytime. I get the urge to read.

Out of the books that you have read, which character couple would you like to invite over for dinner and why?
Dr. Kay Scarpetta and her Crime solving partner Pete Marino.

If you could work with any author, who would it be?
Patricia Cornwell

What inspired you to start writing?
I suffered a eye opening event a few years ago and the writer that has lived in me privately all of my life finally decided to share.

How old were you when you start writing?
I was young, maybe as soon as I learned how to string a sentence together.

Did you always want to be a writer?
Always.

Do you have any advice for aspiring authors?
Even if you’re scared, do it anyway.

What are you top 5 most important things in your life?
God, family, football. I never think past those three but writing and music are in the mix.

Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
Tattoo in the making. My ears are pieced thrice on both lobs.

Do you have any fears??
I once feared success. One of the reasons it took me so long to pursue publishing. Now spiders are my only fear.

What do you do for fun, besides writing?
I run a fantasy football league, enjoy the Smoky Mountains, and I watch a lot of home shopping.

Do you have any vices?
Expensive makeup, and The Walking Dead

What was the last thing you googled?
Gondolier coupons.

If you could describe yourself in 5 words what would they be?
Kind, passionate, giving, strong, silly

What is your biggest pet peeve?
Game requests on Facebook.

Where was the last place someone spotted you and asked for an autograph?
A private dinner at a friend’s home.

Thank you so much for the interview! Is there anything else you would like your readers to know?
Thank you, it was my pleasure. I appreciate your kind words.



Where can your fans find you?



No comments:

Post a Comment