Thursday, September 12, 2013

Book Review: Breathe Into Me by Amanda Stone

Breathe Into Me by Amanda Stone

306 pages
Published April 22, 2013
My Star Review: 4 Stars
Available for purchase Here

My description:
They say that a persons life is derived on many significant moments that depict who you are. Some of those moments are good, some are bad. The good moments are yours forever to remember, those that are bad, are for you to decide what to do with. You can let them eat at you, or you can say enough is enough and move past them. 


This story is about a young girl named Kelsey Rein. 6 years ago Kelsey witnessed her father murder her mother right in front of her. At that moment, where she watched her father squeeze the life out of her mother, she decided to take a stand and no longer allow him to hurt her any more.


Kelsey, now 18, is a freshman in college and is starting anew with her best friend. Determined to stay away from the town where everyone looks at her with pity.

Kane is your typical bad boy with tattoos and piercings, on the outside. Once you learn all about him you will realize that he is one of the sweetest, kindest boys you will meet. Their best friends begin dating, leaving Kelsey and Kane to spend more time together. When she first meets Kane, she is instantly drawn to him.

When she sees Kane for the first time, something draws her to him. As you read this beautifully written story, you will watch Kelsey and Kane's friendship grow into a romance. You also watch them help each other face the demons of their traumatic pasts. 

When Kelsey is faced with one of the biggest monsters from her past, will Kane see her through or will it just be too much for her to deal with???

Goodreads.com description:

Eighteen year-old Kelsey Rien is more than ready to leave her past behind her.

Wanting nothing more than to walk into a room without everyone knowing the horrific details of an event that changed her life six years ago, she vows to concentrate on school and make something of herself.

But then she meets Kane Riley - the local bad boy. Kane's reputation is far from perfect, but is there more to him than what everyone else sees?

Kelsey soon learns that you can’t run from your past, no matter how hard you try. When her nightmares find her once again, Kelsey must find the courage to face the demons that have been haunting her and save the people she loves most.

A few of my favorite quotes from the story:

"I don’t think I will ever get enough of you, Kels. I’m addicted, and there is no going back for me. I never thought my heart was capable of these feelings until you. You shine so bright, and so warm, that you melted the ice I had around my heart and made me feel again.” He leaned forward, rested his forehead against mine and took a deep breath that he held for a minute before slowly blowing it out. “I love you, Kelsey"

"I never thought I would have someone like you in my life, Kelsey. Maybe there was a reason for me waking up and becoming a better person. Maybe it was because all along I was meant to find you and the person I was before wasn’t worthy of having you. But I swear, now that I have you, I’m never going to let you go"

"You feel that? You make it do that. When my mom died I never thought I would be able to breathe again, let alone have my heart beat again, but then I met you and you stole that last amount of breath I had and breathed a new life into me. You are a part of me now. This is right, please don’t question that.”

"All I needed was one tiny puff of air. Kane was my air."

Keep an eye out for my upcoming blog....Featured Authors Fridays! Coming soon will be an interview with Amanda Stone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment