Friday, September 13, 2013

Featured Author Friday featuring Amanda Stone

I had the pleasure of being the first person to interview Amanda Stone, author of Breathe Into Me.  I am a such a fan of her book, I mean, how could you not? You have to love a book with a hot boy with tattoos and piercings, a young girl with a troubled past and romance??? Amanda was simply amazing, so kind and humble. I look forward to working with her again!! Lets get to know her better...shall we?


Goodreads.com profile:
Amanda Stone was born and raised in the foothills of eastern Kentucky. She loves being from, and living in, this beautiful state so much that she decided to move to a small little town that is—no pun intended—called, Lovely.

When Amanda is not writing, or reading, she is a mom to two wild little kidlets, a wife to her junior high/high school sweetheart and keeper of a house full of animals. (Technically, its two dogs and a cat, but if it was up to her husband those numbers would be dramatically bigger.)

A late bloomer, Amanda, never discovered her love for reading until late 2008 and couldn’t stop reading anything and everything she could get her hands on after that. Almost four years to the day she picked up and read her first full-length novel. With some convincing from friends and family, she decided to write her very own novel, Breathe into Me. 

Can you describe Breathe Into Me in 20 words? 
Learning to let go, moving forward and not judging before getting to know someone. Sometimes people are not who we think they are.

How did you come up with the idea for Breathe Into Me?
My sister actually inspired me to begin writing Breathe into Me. Her and I enjoy reading the same books. Usually when I start one I am in love with I tell her immediately to read it and when we were both at a loss for what to read next she suggested I just write one myself. I never knew I would actually complete it.

Without giving away any spoilers, for those who have not read Breathe Into Me, what was your favorite scene to write? 
The lake scene. It was my first scene of that type and I was so nervous and bashful to write it, but I love how it turned out in the end.

Describe a typical day when you are writing. Do you have any pre-writing rituals?
I have two wild kidlets, so I do my best writing while they are in school. As or rituals, I can’t say that I have any… but… I never drank coffee before I began writing books lol. Now, I need it like I need air.

Do you have any plans for a book signing event?
I have a list of book signings that I will be attending on my website. www.authoramandastone.com and I am constantly updating my Facebook page when I sign on to new signings.

Are you working on a sequel? When can we expect it to be released? Can you tell us a little something about it?
I am working on book 2 in the Breathe into Me series, but this story follows Kelsey and Kane’s best friends, Jessi and Landon. It is titled Come Back to Me. Then there will be a third and final book in the series, which will be Landon’s brother Lucas’ story, titled Never Let Me Go. I am expecting Come Back to Me to be out sometime this winter, my hopes are for November. And Never Let Me Go sometime late spring. I can tell you that Come Back to Me takes place a few years after the end of Breathe into Me, so the people who wanted to see where Kelsey and Kane ended up will definitely get that glimpse into the future for the two.

What came first, the characters or the concept for the story?
Now this is a toss up. Kane’s character was always in my head, hot tattooed boy with a lip ring, but I never really knew where I wanted to go with him. The concept was something that I had planned out from the time I decided to write the story. So I would have to say both…

If Breathe Into Me became a movie, who would your dream cast be?
M. Shadows from Avenged Sevenfold will always be my perfect Kane and Kelsey would have to be Jana Kramer.

Do you ever read the reviews about your books? If so, do you pay attention to any negative reviews or let them influence your writing?
I read EVERY review. Even the hurtful ones. I know many authors say to stay away but I can’t. I NEED to know what they found wrong with my book/writing. Yes, they can hurt… a lot, but I know everyone is entitled to their opinion of my work. I let the negative words that are directed at my character and not so much my work in general slide off my back.

Do you have a favorite author?
I have a lot of favorite authors. Abbi Glines would have to be my all time favorite. I strive to be as good a writer as her.

What are your favorite top 3 books that you would recommend?
My all time favorite book…. Of all time… will always be Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. Then I would recommend Taking Chances by Molly McAdams because she done something that was unlike any other book out there. (That was a book that shocked me. Totally did not see what happened coming.) and the last would have to be anything by Abbi Glines. (I mean seriously. How could you just pick one book by that woman.)

What book, if any, are you reading now?
I have been rereading the Fifty Shades of Grey books and placing Charlie Hunnam’s face in place of Christian. (And it so works y’all! I am so excited for the movies!)

Do you prefer to read traditional books or e-books?
Oh, this is a tricky one for me. I began reading before e-books made it popular. While I enjoy the convenience of an e-book, as in not having to go out to buy it, clicking once and it being there for you in seconds, my heart says traditional books. I love sitting down with a paperback and turning those pages.

Out of the books that you have read, which character couple would you like to invite over for dinner and why?
Travis Maddox and Abby (Abernathy) Maddox, simply for that fact that I WANT TRAVIS and I would throw Abby in a closet, lock her up and have him.

If you could work with any author, who would it be?
Eeep. This question makes me nervous for some reason lol Oh my, I would have to go with Abbi again. For the reason that I like to think we have the same writing style, and I think she could teach me a lot.

What inspired you to start writing?
My sister, husband and my best friend.

Do you have any advice for aspiring authors?
Just do it. If you think you have a story in you, write it out. Just get it down, even if you think it sounds stupid. Sit down and write it. When you read it back through you will be amazed at how much your writing has improved throughout writing that first book.

What are your top 5 most important things in your life?
My kids, my husband, our home, his job and my books/laptop that helps me write books.

Do you have any tattoos or piercings?
I have my ears pierced twice. I have had the, I think its called outer conch piercing done twice but have taken them out and I used to have my belly button pierced (I was young.) But no tattoos. I want. I want bad. But the hubby says no. So I will give my characters tattoos and live vicariously through them.

Do you have any fears?
SPIDERS! I HATE THEM! And Wasps because I am allergic. If I step outside and there is a wasp I run back inside and won’t go back out until my hubby kills it.

What do you do for fun, besides writing?
I am from Kentucky and here in Eastern Kentucky we love to head up in the hills on out 4-wheelers (ATV’s for some) and get muddy.

Do you have any vices?
Spotify and cans of cold Pepsi.

What was the last thing you googled?
Lyrics to the song Never Stop by SafetySuit (What I am currently listening to as I fill out this interview)

If you could describe yourself in 5 words what would they be?
Clumsy, Awkward, Mother, Wife, Ditzy.

What is your biggest pet peeve?
People who won’t scoot over in the aisle at Walmart!! I know, that sounds stupid, BUT, have you ever been walking up the aisle and you see these people coming at you side by side and one doesn’t fall back behind the other so that you both have room to pass? They just keep walking side by side then they look at you like YOU’RE the one who has the problem? Yeah, that.

Thank you so much for the interview! Is there anything else you would like your readers to know?
I would just love for them to know how much there support has meant to me. I could have never dreamed the response Breathe into Me would get. I know the book was far from perfect. There was many things I leaned to do differently with my future books from Breathe into Me and I love that most of my readers were able to give Kelsey and Kane and my writing a shot and judge it based on story and not technical errors. I heart them all and hope that they enjoy my future work.

Want to follow Amanda? Here you go...
Twitter: AmandaStone_x

Purchase Breath Into Me click Here
To see my review of Breathe Into Me and others : www.renesgetaway.blogspot.com

Do you have any questions for Amanda? Send them my way and I will post the answers the next time I interview her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment