Monday, June 30, 2014

Book Review: Driving Layne (Unspoken Truth #1) by Renea Porter




 Driving Layne
By Renea Porter
Unspoken Truth #1
Published: February 13th, 2014

Review by: Tina



On the surface, Amber has it all--she's pretty, smart, fun to be around. Though she's only starting her first semester of college at OSU, she already has a best friend Renee and two gorgeous guys, Chase and Layne, who'd love to get to know her better. To strangers, she has a picture perfect life with a family who loves and supports her--all except her junkie sister who is still trying to find herself.
 The only thing Amber doesn't have is time. She's dying, and the sands fall through the hourglass without regard to her dreams. 
Driving Lane is a heck of a ride. Simultaneously funny and poignant at the same time, Renea Porter manages to capture the reader's heart on the very first page, achieving a delicate balance of fun and sadness without waxing too morose. It's a quick read, but I didn't feel too sad after it was over because I knew that Driving Lane is only Book I of the Unspoken Truth series. It's the perfect beach read!


"They say, the truth will set you free. My truth is killing me."


Amber is starting over in a new state where no one knows her. New roommate, new college and most importantly new freedoms.



Away from home for the first time, Amber isn’t above using a guy for one night and leaving it at that. She doesn't want to get tied down with one person. She just wants to experience the college life and take advantage of being on her own. So, when Amber’s new BFF Renee invites her to an underground drag racing competition, Amber sets her sights on driver/playboy Layne… and their attraction is mutual. 



With his good looks and boyish charm, Layne is popular with the ladies on campus, but Amber thinks one night with him is all she needs to get him out of her system. Little does Amber know that Layne sees things differently, and after their hookup he wants something more. Will Amber open up and let Layne in, or will she run away? 



Will the unspoken truth be too much for either of them to handle?



I've always had my nose inside of a book ever since I can remember. And I thought Id try my hand at writing, and Ive wrote ever since I was young, never showing anyone what I was writing. Initially I started writing Coming Back to You without intending to publish, but my hubby of 15 years encouraged me to publish it. And I did. I cant imagine never writing. Its in my blood. 


My mind is always wondering, plotting and full of ideas. I think my hubs questions my sanity sometimes, because I say my characters are real. They feel real to me. 



And I hope my stories make some sort of impact to you readers. I love hearing from you and enjoy talking with you. 




Website  //  Goodreads  //  Amazon



Switching Lanes
Unspoken Truth # 2
Published May 23rd, 2014
Review coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment