Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Book Review: Switching Lanes (Unspoken Truth #2) by Renea Porter



Switching Lanes
By: Renea Porter
Published: May 23rd, 2014

Review by Rene




If you have not read Changing Layne then please do not read this until you do so. Switching Lanes begins a few weeks after Changing Layne leaves off. 

This is a story of survival. How do you find the strength tho move on after losing someone that you love. Layne struggles after losing Amber, she was his light, she was someone who saw him for the great man that he was. He stopped his bad boy ways and fell in love with a girl. Sadly, Amber has since passed and now he has to learn to move on.

Renee was Amber's' roommate, and they became so close that they were like sisters. Since Amber's' passing she distances herself from her boyfriend. She tries to find solace alone. Renee return back to school and decided to take a good friends advice and seek a little help. In finding that help she meets a new friend and begins the healing process inside and out. When she decides to join the land of the living she finds him in bed with another woman. Turns out he was a giant sleaze ball while she was grieving the loss of her best friend.

Renee and Layne have been friend since childhood, and since they both suffered a horrific loss, they seek comfort in each other. Does Renee find new love in familiar arms? Can she fall in love with the very same man that was with her best friend before she died? Does Layne find the strength to move on? Will he open his heart again and see that the girl that he has loved since the beginning was right in front of him this whole time? 

Read the book, fall in love with the story! Don't forget the tissues!! This is a wonderful story about love, loss and moving forward. 


"They say time heals all wounds, I have nothing but time"


Renee is back at college after taking the first semester off. Starting her second year of year college isnt going to be easy, especially after suffering a loss that is very recent and she continues to struggle with her own demons. Lucky for her, she has a boyfriend that she can lean on during her dark days. But will he be enough?

Layne suffers from the same loss, and she took his heart with her when she went. Back to his playboy ways he will do anything to numb the pain. Drag racing his race car is the only thing keeping him sane. 


How will the two cope with their loss? Does time really heal all wounds or will the unspoken truth consume them for good?




I've always had my nose inside of a book ever since I can remember. And I thought Id try my hand at writing, and Ive wrote ever since I was young, never showing anyone what I was writing. Initially I started writing Coming Back to You without intending to publish, but my hubby of 15 years encouraged me to publish it. And I did. I cant imagine never writing. Its in my blood. 


My mind is always wondering, plotting and full of ideas. I think my hubs questions my sanity sometimes, because I say my characters are real. They feel real to me. 



And I hope my stories make some sort of impact to you readers. I love hearing from you and enjoy talking with you. 





Website  //  Goodreads  //  Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment