Friday, June 13, 2014

Book Review: Crazy Maybe by A.D. Justice



396 Pages
Published January 8th, 2014






Buckle up because you are in for a thrill ride! This book sucked me in from the turn of the first page and continued to get better as I read. I love books that have alternation POV's, you get a more intimate look into the characters life, feelings and you connect with them on such a deeper level. 

Andi works at Tough Enough Gym for the past 7 years. One of the most sought after gyms by up and coming fighters because of Mack Weaver, the owner and famed boxing trainer. She lived in foster care since she was six after the tragic death of her parents. She became emancipated at the age of 16 and Mack took her under his wing.

Luke has a great family but they do not approve of or support his dream. They are ashamed of him because he did not follow their path of white collars. Luke turns to the only man he knows that can help make his dream of becoming a professional boxer a reality, Mack Weaver. 

I can say that this is not your typical romance story! Sexy, tattooed bad boy that has been hurt and no longer does relationships. Be prepared for romance, mystery, drama, suspense and make sure you have some tissues handy!!!

My rating: 5 Stars 




Andi Stone is a strong, smart and independent woman, thanks to the help of a famous boxing trainer, Mack, and his protege, Shane, who have respectively been like a father and brother to her. But that wasn't always the case. Andi never knew what a “normal” life was like. Having been raised in foster care from the age of six after the death of her parents, Andi became emancipated at 16 after an especially horrible incident forced her into a psychiatric hospital. 


Luke Woods, the family black sheep and street-brawler, is determined to be a successful professional boxer despite his family’s protests. He needs Andi’s help to get there. The wedge between him and his family over his past relationship issues and career choices is not easily overcome. Luke must learn to face the past mistakes, fears and demons that constantly plague him. 

Fireworks and passions quickly ignite between Andi and Luke in the midst of the chaos that surrounds and threatens them. She never revealed the secrets and lies that have plagued her, but when she publicly inherits her family fortune, the living, breathing past comes back to torment her and threaten all that she holds dear. For the first time in her life, Andi must learn to rely on someone else to love and protect her or risk losing the man she loves. 

Sometimes love isn't enough. Sometimes it’s all you need.





He looks at me like I'm a predator that's about to pounce and devour me whole.

Neither of us are moving or even smiling but I fell the electricity arcing between us as he moves closer and closer.

The more I learn about her, the more complex she becomes to me, and the more irreplaceable she becomes, too.



From now until I die, whatever hardships we face, we will face together, side by side. You will never fight alone. There is absolutely nothing I wouldn't do for you. I love you with everything I am, baby.

We've all done things we regret. What matters is how we heal the ones we've hurt. Some say it should come easy if it's real love but that's just not true. Love is never easy - love hurts sometimes. It causes insecurities and jealousies. Relationships take work - love takes work. And happiness requires forgiving others.




Once in a lifetime, you may find someone who can give you everything you've ever wanted. A man who can fulfill every desire, grant every wish, provide everything in the world and make every dream come true. Once in a lifetime, that person comes along and when you find him, you'd better hold onto him as tightly as you can.

For some, normal is over-rated. For others, normal is the greatest unknown.







I'm With you - Avril Levine
Stupid Girl - P!nk
Buttons - Pussycat Dolls
Beautiful With You - Halestorm
Familiar Taste of Poison - Halestorm
Crazy in Love - Beyonce
For My Sake - Shinedown
Just A Fool - Christina Aguilera & Blake Shelton
Umbrella - Rihanna
Indestructible - Disturbed
Gunpowder and Lead - Miranda Lambert
If Today Was Your Last - Nickleback




I am happily married to a wonderful man and we celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary this year.


We have two sons in college and we are so proud of them both!

I work full time as a manager but write as a means to escape into another world. I have loved books for as long as I can remember. That was a trait passed on to me by my Daddy. I remember spending many hours in book stores growing up.

I hope you enjoy the stories and will go on these journeys with me!





Goodreads  //  Twitter  //  Facebook  //  Amazon


Other books by AD Justice


No comments:

Post a Comment