Friday, July 18, 2014

Featured Author Dawn Kopman Whidden Interview Part 2


Dawn Kopman Whidden is a native New Yorker and successful author who grew up in the close-knit community of Little Neck Douglaston during the baby boomer era. She graduated from Queensboro Community College.

Twenty years ago, she traded in her days of living in the bustling city for a more serene and tranquil life on a small farm in the town of Bell, located in North Central Florida.

She is retired and shares her life and love with her husband of fourteen years and an adopted stray dog she named Casey. She has also been blessed with two beautiful grandchildren.

Interview:


Describe a typical day when you are writing. Do you have any pre-writing rituals?

I’m not a very ritualistic person. I never was good with routines. My day is never the same. One day I will do the laundry in the morning, cook and clean, the next day I may just watch T.V or play Candy Crush all day.  My husband can’t understand how I get things done, but the house is always clean, food is cooked and the laundry done.
I sometimes would get an idea and would write in the bathtub. Often I woke up in the middle of the night and write a few chapters. My life is harem scarem, but organized at the same time.

Do you have a favorite author?

I have a lot of favorite authors and I guess you can say I change my mind a lot. I love Stieg Larsson author of the GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, and was devastated when I heard he had passed on. I love Ken Follett, I think he’s a genius. Nora Roberts, Patterson, there are so many, too numerous to list.

What are your favorite top 3 books that you would recommend?

I WOULD DEFINITELY TELL MYSTERY READERS to pick up THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATOO SERIES..
FOR THOSE who love a good historical novel, Ken Follet’s trilogy which starts with FALL OF GIANTS. ( which I am looking forward to his third of the series) OR OF COURSE..A CHILD IS TORN, FACELESS AND STOLEN!!

What book, if any, are you reading now?

I am reading DIVERGENT

Do you prefer to read traditional books or e-books?

I would prefer PAPERBACKS or Hard backs, but I will read anything!!


Out of the books that you have read, which character couple would you like to invite over for dinner and why?

I think I would love to have JD.ROBB’S Roarke and Eve.. She’s an awesome character and he is just plain a hunk! 

What was the last thing you googled?

I google all the time, but for my book, I did google some information about firearms. I try to make my story line as realistic as possible.

If you could describe yourself in 5 words what would they be?

I hope these words would be used to describe me by others as well

Curious,
Loyal,
Empathetic
Cautious
Honest

What is your biggest pet peeve?

Negative attitudes.

Where can your fans find you?

I am all over the place on the internet.. Just type in my name DAWN KOPMAN WHIDDEN and take your pick! Facebook is where most of my activity can be found, or my website










No comments:

Post a Comment