Sunday, May 4, 2014

Boook Review: Running Home to You by Suzanne Sweeney

Running Home to You
(Book 2 in the Running Series)
By Suzanne Sweeney


Running Home To You
Author: Suzanne Sweeney

Published February 14th, 2014

Review by Rene





Where to start.......Running Home to you is the Second book in the Running Series. If you have not read Running Back to you yet, I strongly suggest reading it now!!! 

This story begins 6 weeks after the encounter with Evans psycho ex Avery DeVeaau. Jett and Evan are opening their own business together "RUSH". While Evan begins training with The NJ Sentinels, Jett is preparing her staff and the new restaurant for their Grand Opening. You also get to know more about the supporting cast in this book and you fall in love with them!! There are a few moments where I wanted to reach right through the book and beat the ever living shit out of Evan, but all is forgiven eventually. Evan is faced with a career ending situation and it takes both of their strength to get through it. Throw in a new shiny character and of course you have to have drama. Suzanne Sweeney can write one hell of a story that will keep you in the edge of you seat the entire time. Emotional roller coaster is not even the phrase I could use to describe her books! I am in love! She moves up to the head of the class into the my top 10 authors! Oh yeah.....be prepared to have your heart stop with a HOLY SHIT Cliffhanger!!! 







"A flower can not blossom with out sunshine and a man cannot live without love."


"He is my hope, my dream, my ambition"


There is something animalistic about the way women respond to him. He projects sex appeal like an electrical storm that lights up the sky.


"Evan Thomas McGuire, you are my heart, my soul, my universe. You will always be my today, my tomorrow, my happily ever after. You're in my every thought and every dream."




"My man is a Boxer, hands down. He's powerful, but gentle with family. He's fun-loving, loyal and very low maintenance. My boxer requires lots of mental and physical stimulation, if you know what I mean. I'm definitely a Boxer kind of girl."



I never told you this, but the very first night you spent sleeping in my bed, in my arms, was when I realized how I truly felt about you. You were frightened, and you came to me. Even then, you knew that together, we are stronger. Together we are complete. Together we can endure anything and survive anything. I fell in love with you that night."




"Let's make a plan. Ten years from tonight, we'll tell our children the story of how I proposed to you. The story of our love is only just the beginning. Let's write our own happy ending. You deserve someone who will support you without limits, let you grow without borders, and love you without end. Will you let me be the one? Will you marry me?"



"You are made for me Juliette. Just me. Your lips were created to kiss mine. Your hands were made to hold mine. And this finger, this one right here" he points to the ring finger on my left hand, "was made to wear my ring." 





Running Home to You: continues the journey of Juliette and Evan that began in “Running Back to You”.

Juliette Fletcher thought she had it all – a strikingly handsome man who adores her, a new business venture with her best friends by her side, and a dream house right on the beach. But appearances can be deceiving and everything comes at a cost.

Evan McGuire has just survived a vicious attack that almost ended his professional football career. He’s on the mends now, trying to piece his life back together again, and build a life with Juliette.

But Evan’s erratic behavior has Juliette worried. She must figure out how to save her struggling restaurant, her fragile friendships, and her now unhealthy relationship with the man she loves. Juliette and Evan find that they’ve placed their trust in the wrong people and the price they pay for that mistake may ultimately cost them everything.


TBD





Suzanne Sweeney is a graduate of Georgian Court University where she studied Elementary Education and Sociology. For some time now, she has been sharing her love of literature with the young minds who sit before her in class each and every day. After years of teaching the art of writing, Suzanne has finally taken her own advice and put pen to paper in order to produce her debut novel, Running Back to You. She writes what she lives, residing in the community she loves, Point Pleasant, with her family who provide a constant source of inspiration and support.

For more information on this novel and author, please visit http://suzannesweeney.wordpress.com


No comments:

Post a Comment