Thursday, May 29, 2014

Book Review: Slade by Victoria Ashley


Slade
Series: Walk of Shame # 1
Author: Victoria Ashley
Pages 156
Release Date June 3rd, 2014

Review by Rene
5 STARS


I loved this book! Slade is a sexy, arrogant, sex crazed alpha male who is used to getting what ever and who ever he wants. That all changes when he meets Aspen. She hates him and that drives him wild! Their sexual banter is epic! This is a must read!!! This book is hot hot hot! If you are looking for a great book with tons of steamy sex, hot tattooed men and romance? This is your type of book!!! Come meet the boys at Walk Of Shame, you won't be the same!!!!



Walk of Shame
"All I know is that you don't come to Walk of Shame unless you're looking to fulfill your darkest, wildest fantasies. This place is dirty. The boys are dirty; addictive."



Aspen Raines 
Aspen is in town for a few days and is rooming with her long time friend Cale. When she arrives in town, her and her friend Kayla decided to stop by Walk of Shame. There Aspen meets Slade. He is sexy, cocky, arrogant and yet she is drawn to him like a moth to a flame. "After setting eyes on the sexiest asshole I have ever seen, I have a feeling I'm going to need help if I'm going to be in the same house with him for the next week." Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, Slade and Cale are roommates! She cannot stand him, but yet she is beyond attracted to him!



Slade Merrick
Slade is a dark, sexy, brooding, sexaholic!!! He is a man that is haunted by his past and now works at Walk of Shame to escape his demons. Slade uses sex as a deterrent, but the one thing he was not expecting was Aspen. She turns his world upside down.




My name is Slade Merrick and I’m a f*cking sex addict . . . 

I’ve been told it’s a problem. But I see it as a passion; something that I’m good at. And who the f*ck stops something that they’re good at?

They want me to seek help; get my c*ck in check. Don't judge my lifestyle. You’re no better than me. Just admit it, you like to f*ck too. Sex is what I do best; my own personal high, so I embrace it instead of being ashamed.

When I'm not f*cking, I'm slinging drinks at Walk Of Shame or stripping my way into your bed; another thing I'm good at. Every woman’s darkest fantasy brought to life.

So, am I stopping? F*ck no. Sex is beautiful, raw and erotic and I get off knowing I can have it with anyone I want . . . with the exception of her.

Aspen. 

She walks into the club swaying those hips, instantly drawing my c*ck to attention. She’s pure perfection. That is, until she opens that mouth, drawing me in and for the first time in forever I want something more than sex. I want her and she hates it.

Things get dirty. Dirty is what I like; it’s how I live. But . . . she’s playing a game she can never win.

***Author's note*** Due to strong language and a very high amount of dirty, sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18. This is #1 in the Walk Of Shame series of novellas that will all be STANDALONE reads. If you're not into, cocky bad boys with filthy mouths and even filthier sex, then this series is not for you. If you are . . . then, come meet the dirty boys of Walk Of Shame.



Placing my hands in front of me, I grip the sink and lean over. I feel my breathing pick up as the emotions swarm through me; awakening the madness that I keep buried deep. I have an urge to put my fist through this mirror to stop the pain, but I wont. My hands are already scarred up enough. Anger and rage only douse the pain, but doesn't stop it.

As much as I hate to admit it, he's so damn beautiful; dangerously beautiful.




He turns away and walks out into the open, but stops to stand in the pouring rain. I watch as he runs his hands over his face, the rain pouring over his head and arms while soaking his jeans. His bare chest is moving up and down as if hes trying to fight some deep emotions and with each move, his muscles flex, making me very aware of his sex appeal. It's confusing. I don't know if I want to hug him, slap him, or fuck him. All I know is that I definitely want to do something to him.

The fucking devil in disguise, looking to taint my soul and consume my every fucking thought.

She's different than the other girls. She's more than just a fuck. She's addictive, but the right kind of addiction. I have a very addictive personality and she may be the thing I need to feed it.



 Victoria Ashley grew up in Rockford, IL and has had a passion for reading for as long as she can remember. After finding a reading app where it allowed readers to upload their own stories, she gave it a shot and writing became her passion.

She lives for a good romance book with tattooed bad boys that are just highly misunderstood and is not afraid to be caught crying during a good read. When she's not reading or writing about bad boys, you can find her watching her favorite shows such as Sons Of Anarchy, Dexter and True Blood.



Goodreads  //  Facebook  // Twitter  //  Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment