Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Book Review: Taking Chances

Taking Chances By Molly McAdams

 432 pages
Published October 16th 2012
Available on Amazon.com

My Rating: 5 Stars

This book was a total emotional roller coaster! I cried, I laughed, and I fell in love with two wonderful guys! The kicker is that mid book you are confronted with a HUGE twist and I was heartbroken. I even did the "Ugly Cry". I was yelling at the book.....while sobbing like a child. I was in such shock I had to re-read that page.

It is a long read but it is so worth it. Every page there is something that keeps you so wrapped up that you don't want to put it down. Molly McAdams wrote a perfect book! 


This story is about Harper, a fun loving and adorable raised by her marine father, Chase who is the epitome of Bad Boy and Brandon is so sweet, tender and caring. 

This is such a great read if you are looking for a collage age romance with so many ups and downs!

Goodreads.com Description:

Her first year away is turning out to be nearly perfect, but one weekend of giving in to heated passion will change everything.

Eighteen-year-old Harper has grown up under the thumb of her career marine father. Ready to live life her own way and to experience things she's only ever heard of from the jarheads in her father's unit, she's on her way to college at San Diego State University.

Thanks to her new roommate, Harper is introduced to a world of parties, gorgeous guys, family, and emotions. She finds herself being torn in two as she quickly falls in love with both her new boyfriend, Brandon, and her roommate's brother, Chase. Despite their dangerous looks and histories, both men adore Harper and would do anything for her, including taking a step back if it would mean she'd be happy.

Here are a few of my favorite quotes:

“That first night, I did realize I would never meet another girl like you. But you deserve someone who has waited for you as long as you have waited for them. And no matter how much I wish I could be that guy, I can't Harper.” 

“People fall in and out of love all the time, and sometimes people have numerous loves throughout their lives. But you have two epic loves and no matter who you were with, I don’t think you’d ever get over or forget the other.”  

“I hate not talking to you, I hate not bickering like we're an old married couple and I hate not spending every day right next to you. - Chase” 

“A part of me will probably always love you too, but I can't take chances with you Chase. You'll leave me one day, and it will kill me when you do.” 






Stealing Harper (Taking Chances #2)


400 pages
Published May 21st 2013
Available on Amazon.com

My review is coming soon..... 

Good Reads Description:
Chase Grayson has never been interested in having a relationship that lasts longer than it takes for him and his date to get dressed again. But then he stumbles into a gray-eyed girl whose innocence pours off her, and everything changes. From the minute Harper opens her mouth to let him know just how much he disgusts her, he's hooked.

But a princess deserves a Prince Charming who can make her dreams come true. Not a guy who can turn her life into a nightmare.

All good intentions go out the window when Harper starts to fall for the guy Chase has come to view as a brother. He wanted to protect her by keeping her away, but he can't stand to see her with anyone else, and he'll do anything to make her his. But when it comes down to Harper choosing between the two, will Chase have the strength to step back from the girl who has become his whole world if it means she's happy?

Lines will be crossed. Friendships will be put to the test. And hearts will be shattered.
CAUTION: DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT READ TAKING CHANCES



Did you read this book? What did you think? 
Did you read Stealing Harper? 

Please send me your reviews and your favorite quotes and I will post them when I write my review for Stealing Harper.

Do you love Molly McAdams? Follow her on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment