Monday, September 22, 2014

Book Review: Hemy (Walk Of Shame book 2) By Victoria Ashley




Hemy

Walk Of Shame Series book 2

By Victoria Ashley

Reviewed by Heidi Sturgess



My name is Hemy Knox and I’m a f*cking heartbreaker . . .


I’ve hurt the one person that means the most to me in life; the only woman I have ever f*cking loved. I let the drugs, alcohol and wild life take over; consume me. I got her where I wanted her and ripped her fucking heart out.



Since then, I’ve spent countless nights having dirty, meaningless sex with a multitude of people; only leaving them wanting and begging for more with no regrets. Some may even call me the devil; soulless.



They look and judge, but there is one thing they don’t know; no one does. I want more than this life of stripping and sleeping around; the never ending party. I want love and everything that comes with it; that high that never ends. The problem is . . . I only want it with her.




Onyx.



She refuses to be mine . . . again. She’s smart and it’s a mother f*cking pain in my ass; guarding her heart while ripping mine right out of my chiseled chest. I can’t say that I blame her. I always was a dumb ass when it came to the emotions of a woman, especially her.



She wants to see me suffer as much as I made her; watch me wither and f*cking die at her feet. She wants to crush me until I’m no longer breathing and I will let her, because it hurts far less than not having her as mine.



I will stop at nothing to make her mine again. The pain only drives me harder; feeding my fury and giving me a reason to live . . . her.



***Author's note*** Due to strong language and a very high amount of sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18. This is #2 in the Walk Of Shame series of novellas that will all be STANDALONE reads. This includes F/M and F/M/M so if you’re not into dirty sex scenes with filthy language, then this book is not for you. If you are . . . then, come meet the dirty boys of Walk Of Shame.



I'm a cover art ho and Hemy is definite kryptonite material , leaving me in a melted puddle !

Hemy could make a nun volunteer for the ice bucket challenge just to cool down because he's HOT and could cause instantaneous self combustion !

Yes Hemy is gifted ,easy on the eye and rather well endowed *naughty giggle* but there is more to him than pelvic thrusting hotness!

Again I find myself chuckling at myself *yikes* and at a loss for words .....Hemy is supposed to be an Erotic novel but I was reaching for the Kleenex , YES , the Kleenex !

Enough of us will rave about the delicious man candy and what he does to us  but for me there was more to Hemy than "smut"

Hemy went through a dark patch in life  and there came a point where Onyx (his love interest) had enough and walked away from their relationship. This is when Hemy takes a turn in life and cleans up his act as far as the drug scene goes but his sexual desires/fantasies are a little frightening BUT that doesn't change my feelings for him ! Let's say he likes an audience and doesn't mind putting on a show , he definitely likes to be in control, a self taught DOM if you like !

The boys have a birthday girl at "The Walk of Shame" and while there's some pelvic thrusting going on she notices a tattoo and calls out to her friend ......Onyx ! BAM ! We have fireworks !

Its been 4 years since she walked away from Hemy but their chemistry hasn't fizzled at all! I'm waiting for my kindle to melt , they're intense ! Their "reunion " is emotional and they have issues that need to be dealt with .

Turns out Onyx is at the femme fatal of "Walk of Shame" aka "Vixens" and this does not sit well with Hemy mmmmm jealous much ?!

Onyx has a secret  , one that is connected very deeply to Hemy and this is why is say Hemy is more than uber delicious man candy. I have Niagara falls pouring out of my eyes and the Kleenex is piling up like Kilimanjaro !

Hemy is determined to win Onyx's heart and trust again and his persistence pays off * be still oh my beating heart* they finally get to sort through their issues and get their happy ever after <3

I end off with pearls of wisdom from Hemy ....." This is my family. Family isn't always bound by blood."

Another five star , tear jerking , hormone over drive inducing read from Victoria Ashley! Bring on Cale !!!




 Victoria Ashley grew up in Rockford, IL and has had a passion for reading for as long as she can remember. After finding a reading app where it allowed readers to upload their own stories, she gave it a shot and writing became her passion.


She lives for a good romance book with tattooed bad boys that are just highly misunderstood and is not afraid to be caught crying during a good read. When she's not reading or writing about bad boys, you can find her watching her favorite shows such as Sons Of Anarchy, Dexter and True Blood.




Goodreads  //  Facebook  // Twitter  //  Amazon


No comments:

Post a Comment