Sunday, March 2, 2014

Book Review: Accepted Fate by Charisse Reid




Accepted Fate by Charisse Reid


Release Date February 25, 2014
Pages 368











Must start off by saying the cover model is a perfect match as Kinzleigh.

I have a bit of weakness for southern boys and their their charm so Breyson charmed the socks off me ♥

At first I was a little concerned that Kinzleigh is so cynical about love but at the same time I admire her dedication and commitment to her life goals . But I have a feeling our southern boy is going to change this!

Presley and Kinzleigh  are a perfect example of how opposites attract . The girls have been friends for most of their lives. Presley is vivacious and outgoing whereas Kinzley is studious , serious and keeps her emotions in check so much so that  she may come across as cold . Presley is good for Kinzley ,I think she takes a bit of the edge off her.


Now that I've covered the basics lets get back to the story ....

It's summer break which means fun, sun and parties for the kids in California ! On the first day of hitting the beach and catching rays Kinzleigh meets Breyson and the chemistry between the 2 of them is obvious ! Breyson is determined to get to know her better.

Kinzley goes to a family dinner where her parents drop a bombshell which is devastating for her :'(
She  goes to her thinking spot on the pier to process the news . Whiles she's there she gives in to her emotions.Breyson notices her distress and goes to console her.  The way he approaches her and deals with her had me melting on the spot ! * feel like a cougar for admitting this* 

Breyson and Kinzleigh share a very intense and passionate kiss.  Kinzleigh's first kiss actually!  Damn this boy has me wishing I was 17 again LOL !

So their relationship blossoms and Breyson is so gentle and patient with her ♥but we have the local hussy Lexi lurking in the background ,at a party she made the moves on Breyson and he turned her down . The saying goes hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ,well  now she's bent on getting her own back by causing a rift between our love birds :O

Lexi very nearly managed to break them up but good old Presley saves the day by telling her the truth and they're off to the airport to collect our southern gentleman . Breyson lays into Lexi and gives her a good talking down and she deserves it damned hussy ! 

OMW ! OMW! O -M- W !!! Kinzleigh uses my favorite saying " This boy is dangerous to me ,like kryptonite" I'm always using this term to describe my eye candy.

Then it happens our southern boy had worked his charm  !! Kinzleigh goes from kissing no boy to craving it !! * doing a happy jig*

Not having the heart to see Breyson off at the airport ,Kinzleigh sends a letter with Presley baring her soul ♥
3-2-1 ....snot fest starts !

Moving day comes and Kinzleigh heads to the cemetery to say goodbye to her gran , what an emotional episode and bam the water works are open , I'm starting to think I need shares in Kleenex after this weekend's reading .

Kinzleigh meets her new neighbor after I nearly choke on my cuppa with excitement but I can't elaborate on the next few chapters , it'll spoil it  but what I can say  is keep the kleenex close ....

A very jealous, bitter and twisted ex girlfriend nearly kills Kinzleigh fortunately she makes it and there's no lasting damage caused. What a relief !

The last few chapters shattered my nerves and definitely not what I was expecting , you could slap me with a dead fish and call me Dixie , what a plot twist! A major snot fest :'(

I must admit I find it hard to believe this is Charisse's first novel ! A definite

★★★★★ read! I can't wait for " Twisting  Fate" to be released. 


What do you do when everything you had planned out for yourself gets changed in one summer? Do you embrace the new or fight to keep things the same? 

For seventeen year old Kinzleigh everything was going just as she always planned. She had great friends, went to a school she loved, and always knew she was destined for greatness. One step already completed towards acquiring the job she has forever dreamed of, a pro football cheerleader. Nothing and no one was going to stand in her way, especially not love. What she doesn't expect is for her parents to suddenly change everything and send her spiraling into a life she didn't want for herself, especially after meeting one blue eyed boy she can't stop dreaming about. Her life is changing at every turn. She is learning that sometimes life has different plans than our own. When she finally accepts the hand fate has dealt, everything is ripped from her once again. 

Can she accept the ugly fate that was chosen for her or will she fight to once again accept it.

**Note from the author: reader discretion is advised. Content is for mature readers 18+ due to some language and some sensuality or intimate scenes**



I developed a passion for reading I never would have imagined a year ago when I started reading through the kindle app on my iPad. E-books have completely changed my life. Any chance I have free time and I'm not with my daughter or husband I have a book in my hand. One chance meeting with another Indie author, Victoria Ashley, of Wake Up Call and This Regret I discovered I wanted to edit romance books. Thankfully, she trusted me enough to read and give my opinion for chapter 1 of This Regret that lead me to become her full time editor. I loved watching this story develop from Chapter one to the end. Somewhere along the way, she suggested that I had talent and should try writing a book. At first I thought I lacked the creativity it took to create a story, but my mind had its own plans and a story came to me. I sat down and attempted it with her help throughout the process and here I am, now a published author of Accepted Fate with more to come! I absolutely love writing and editing. I owe a special thanks to Victoria for this amazing journey. Please check out her books! You'll be glad you did!


Goodreads  //  Facebook  //  Twitter





No comments:

Post a Comment